Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Capacity Planning Template

One of the templates in my toolkit that gets used frequently is my Capacity Planning template. This is either used as a stand alone document or integrated into a larger Architecture document. The goal of this document is to get the system designers to spend a little time thinking about the future. Many times, architects and system integrators are focused on solving today's problems and meeting today's requirements. A capacity and growth plan is something that makes sure the future is also considered.

Something to keep in mind, I very rarely use any of my templates "as is". They are intended as a starting point for both organizing an idea, and helping me kick start it. As they should be. So, to get the document, either click on the title of the article, or here: http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=d4rxkwb_0c3wt5dhc

To download, click on File menu item, and select Download file as (I uploaded a word document, but you can choose whatever format floats that boat.)

No comments:

Post a Comment